IntelligentTrendFollower.com isn’t the only place to get trend following information on the internet. In fact, there are plenty of great resources that your stock market performance might benefit from. Here’s a list of some of my favourites that are worth a closer look…
Trend Following Websites:
Check out these reputable websites for factual information on trend following. This is a great way to get up to speed with the basics.
- Trend Following on Wikipedia: Why not go right to the source of sources?
- TurtleTrader.com: Michael Covel’s book about the Turtle Trader experiment is on display at this free website. If you aren’t sold on the idea of trend following, this website is sure to convince you it’s worth a closer look.
- Trend Trading on Investopedia: Learn about trend following trading in simple words. They have lots of links to other types of trend trading as well, which provides helpful context if you’re just getting familiar with this type of trading.
Trend Following Trading Tools:
Some say knowledge is power. But for you to make money from your trend following knowledge, you’ve got to be able to put your ideas into action. The websites below are great resources that some of the best trend followers rely on.
- StockCharts.com: If you’re going to be trend following, you’d better have a charting system. I like StockCharts.com because it’s simple, clear and easy to use. Personally, I like to keep my charts of clean of too many indicators and oscillators, and that’s why I like this charting website.
- TradingView.com: This is another popular and free trading platform that’s common among trend following traders. It’s especially of value if you’re trading shorter-timeframe trends.
- FinViz.com: When searching for trend following stock picks, look no further than FinViz. This website has wonderful charting features to help you find strong trends. If you really want to maximize your approach to idea generation (especially with real-time data), you can check out FinViz Elite.
Trend Following News:
If you want to stay up to date with the latest news in the trend-following industry, then check out these resources below for contemporary ideas about trend following.
- Trend Following Podcast: I wouldn’t link to Michael Covel three times in a row, unless it was worth it. This is my favourite way to listen to the top minds in trend following.
- Futures Magazine has a section of trend following articles that are worth checking out.
- Quantocracy.com provides regular news storie and interesting links about systematic and quantitiative trading.
Trend Following Trading Brokers:
If you’re just getting started with trend-following, then you’re going to need a trend following broker. I’m only familiar with equity brokers, so I’d have to recommend:
And keep coming back! Because this page is going to be regularly updated with the best trend following resources for introductory and intermediate do-it-yourself traders and individual investors. Sound good?